Talk Science
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥VAMPIRE♥

+9
Harley
justin strothers
Shannnon_Taylor2012
vwilfong
tyrone
jocelyn
cassy
Mr. Anthony
destiny187
13 posters

Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty ♥VAMPIRE♥

Post  destiny187 Mon May 10, 2010 11:34 pm

The only thing i know about vampires is that Dracula was the first "NAMED" mythical vampire
♥VAMPIRE♥ 101_0410

destiny187

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty Vampire Themes

Post  Mr. Anthony Tue May 11, 2010 1:15 pm

There are three vampire "themes" out of the message board, but little activity. I guess the popularity of Vampire Movies, etc must be small. Rolling Eyes

You could compare the vampires from two genre (Twilight vs. Anne Rice, etc.) What is similar, what is different. Take a psychology angle (there's your science). One example is that most of our vampire stories are "western themed". The vampires from the "eastern" world (Asia) were Invisible (very similar to Ninjas). Is there a cultural reason the vampires are different?

Each vampire tale changes some of the legend. (Ex. The vampires in Buffy the Vampire Slayer burst into dust leaving little evidence after a slaying. Something you would need if you're going to operate in a city and not bring attention to all the killing.) Is the deviation from legend a literary theme or a cultural expression?

This one should be a lot of fun, have fun with it.
Mr. Anthony
Mr. Anthony

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty twilight vampires

Post  cassy Tue May 11, 2010 6:39 pm

i can tell you a lil about some vampires kuu ma lil sis is obsessed wit twilight:)
like wit the vampires on twilight they glitter in the light thats why they stay out dee light and they dont eat food they feed on animal blood and they dont sleep:)

cassy

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty thank u

Post  destiny187 Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 pm

cassy wrote:i can tell you a lil about some vampires kuu ma lil sis is obsessed wit twilight:)
like wit the vampires on twilight they glitter in the light thats why they stay out dee light and they dont eat food they feed on animal blood and they dont sleep:)

thanks i'll take anything i can get Like a Star @ heaven

destiny187

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty vampires

Post  jocelyn Thu May 13, 2010 6:19 pm

ok VAMPIRES my sister is obssesed with vampires but what she has told me vampires try to resist of killing or what ever they do to get to humans blood...and they stay away from the sunlight cuz they sparkle...

jocelyn

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty vampire ideas

Post  tyrone Thu May 13, 2010 6:43 pm

they suck and bite

tyrone

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty Nicole Kidman

Post  jocelyn Fri May 14, 2010 8:59 am

Nicole Kidman starred in a movie, I believe it was called "The Others". In it her children had a condition (which is an actually condition, not fictional) where her kids would die if exposed to sunlight.

Possible origin to the legend?

Then of course, there is "Vlad the Impaler" himself.

jocelyn

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty Re: ♥VAMPIRE♥

Post  destiny187 Fri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm

jocelyn wrote:Nicole Kidman starred in a movie, I believe it was called "The Others". In it her children had a condition (which is an actually condition, not fictional) where her kids would die if exposed to sunlight.

Possible origin to the legend?

Then of course, there is "Vlad the Impaler" himself.

I havent seen it so i wouldnt know what it is............who is Vlad the Impaler? Like a Star @ heaven

destiny187

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty Vlad the Impaler

Post  Mr. Anthony Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 pm

Vlad the Impaler was a historical ruler who supposed was the character Dracula came from. Supposedly he drank the blood of his subjects or enemies
Mr. Anthony
Mr. Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post  destiny187 Sat May 15, 2010 2:07 am

He really drank blood? omg gross. So he was a weird freak who killed people for their blood? i can see where thats an interesting story. Like a Star @ heaven

destiny187

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty bitn

Post  vwilfong Mon May 17, 2010 2:19 pm

well u know the classic vamp. fangs bites necks when exposed to sun they burn into ashes dont like garlic , no reflection, dont like crosses, holy water, u kill a vamp by a woodn steak in there heart or cut of the head affraid affraid affraid
vwilfong
vwilfong

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty OF COURSE

Post  destiny187 Tue May 18, 2010 12:01 pm

THAT IS THE CLASSIC VAMP BUT WITH SOME OF THE NEW VAMPS SOME OF THOSE THINGS WONT WORK ON DEM. Like a Star @ heaven

destiny187

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty Ludovico Fatinelli

Post  Shannnon_Taylor2012 Tue May 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Try to do some research on Ludovico Fatinelli--

In 1616, Italian scientist Ludovico Fatinelli published his Treatise on Vampires, in which he speculated that vampirism was caused by a microscopic pathogen. He was burned at the stake for heresy. Fortunately, science plowed ahead, undeterred. The information included in this section is the result of the work of countless dedicated men and women.

Shannnon_Taylor2012

Back to top Go down

♥VAMPIRE♥ Empty I got a question

Post  justin strothers Tue May 18, 2010 12:12 pm

Are vampires real or is it fiction??

justin strothers

Back to top Go down

Post  Harley Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Dracula was a real person and he lived in transivania thats all i really know
Harley
Harley

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Anthony Tue May 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Shannnon_Taylor2012 wrote:Try to do some research on Ludovico Fatinelli--

In 1616, Italian scientist Ludovico Fatinelli published his Treatise on Vampires, in which he speculated that vampirism was caused by a microscopic pathogen. He was burned at the stake for heresy. Fortunately, science plowed ahead, undeterred. The information included in this section is the result of the work of countless dedicated men and women.

Absolutely great information, Monique / Destiny, one of you follow up on this. Twisted Evil
Mr. Anthony
Mr. Anthony

Back to top Go down

Post  extramiles Fri May 21, 2010 12:29 am

The field of vampirology is complex and mysterious. There are many aspects to the vampire phenomenon, and they would require several books to fully explore. One aspect of vampirism which frequently troubles magickal, spiritual and other small groups, the most common form of vampire, is found among living people who share with us the benefits and disadvantages of physical existence on this plane, yet are not quite human. These people appear on the surface to be somewhat eccentric members of society, yet their outward idiosyncrasies only hint at how different they are from those around them.

extramiles

Back to top Go down

Post  amber_monique Fri May 21, 2010 4:06 pm

back in the 1800's there was this lady named Elizabeth(dont know her last name) who thought she was a vampire and she killed her slaves and took baths in their blood and she believed the blood helped her skin to look and stay young. she made the slaves she didnt kill watch her take baths in the blood if they were family of the person who was killed. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

amber_monique

Back to top Go down

Post  musicmota Fri May 21, 2010 5:28 pm

very true very true

musicmota

Back to top Go down

Post  Te-Te Sun May 23, 2010 7:07 pm

LOL u forgot about another Vampire that was in Twilight
Te-Te
Te-Te